I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Stress Leave: Day 1

I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but today is the first day of the mandatory stress leave my Regional Manager implemented after my breakdown on Friday. Instead of simply accepting my resignation, she'd prefer to troubleshoot this problem by giving me some time off and contemplating the idea of me transferring branches.

Tam isn't into the idea so much, because she's worried who she'll get to replace me. Her, Kyle, Princess, Jer and I went out to Pastaccio on Saturday and I told them what the conversation with my RM consisted of on Friday. The meal was awesome, and completely on the company, which was even better considering my recent penniless status after Frank failed to pay rent on time.

Anyway.. I think I need this, and it probably couldn't have come at a better time, since this is supposed to be a short week for me anyway. So instead of me working Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I'll try to finagle those days and the weekend off so I can get some things straightened out in my life.

Man, was Friday embarrasing. After working in the Service industry for like 6 years I got a customer complaint that day because I just did my job, and what she complained about was neither abnormal in the line of work that I do, and it happened A MONTH AGO.

It was my personal last straw, and I tendered my resignation immediately when confronted with the 'coaching' form I was asked to fill out.

I'd never felt so worn out, and disillusioned, and upset and mad at the world, all at once. It was like I had no worth as an employee, and that they were willing to believe every word this woman said about me, and I thought to myself, "Anyone could do this.. any customer who felt we were in the least bit unfair could complain and make an employee's life hell for a day."

And that thought unnerved me.

So here I am, contemplating life, drinking coffee #1, at 2 in the afternoon, less than an hour after I woke up today, procrastinating as usual.

I need this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home