I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

My Letter to Someone

I've known you for years, you've seen me at my worst, at my best and when it's just any other day. I talk to you about my deepest secrets, fear, wishes and hopes. I'm sure you think I'm neurotic somedays, and sometimes you don't understand what I'm mad about, but you love me all the same.

You listen to me ramble incessantly for hours, and I know you get bored with it, but you've always been good about feigning interest. I appreciate it.

Together we've been through so many highs and lows, and you've always stuck with me throughout mine. I always hope I can do the same by you.

There are times I view you as a nuisance, and think getting rid of you would alleviate some of my problems and grant me more freedom in my life, but I want to be a person of stronger moral fibre than that. Instead of the simple decision I think it is, I know in the long run it would cause me more pain and heartache than the free time would be worth. Besides, I think having you around makes me a better person. I'd miss you more everyday.

You have the gentlest of souls, and your simplicity is beautiful, but deceiving because I know there is more under the surface. I know you have thoughts and hopes and dreams and together I'm sure we'll achieve them together....










To my 'daughters of choice', Onye and Summer.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

---------

Ok, I know most of you are rolling your eyes, but I really have to admit that I never give my furkids enough credit.

Summer puts up with me when most people (my mom included) would tell me to 'shut up, calm down and come back when you make sense'.

Onye's put up with everything. Being up and moved every 6 months to a year. The introduction of Dog #1 (Reba), Dog #2 (Summer), Dog # (Nik) and now Dog #4 (Lincoln). The dumb road trip idea Tobi and I had one fall. And on and on and on.

I love my kids, and I just wanted everyone to see why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home