I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Goodbye Madonna


So I got word today that I won't be transferring to the new branch until December some time. I think that will all work out for the best since I'm planning on dropping my notice with this company and starting something new January 1st anyway. I think that's the best course of action since I already have my holidays booked off for a week surrounding Christmas, and I can start work when everyone else is dropping the jobs they just kept to have Christmas money.

Also, it's doesn't leave Tammy in a lurch, since she'll have a new employee who will be fully trained by then anyway, and then Emilia, being as close to Renee as she is, shouldn't have any problems finding a new and competent staff member. I feel like crap leaving them shortstaffed in January, but hey, it seems we've been running with less than fully staffed branches since I started with this company over a year ago.

You're probably wondering what the title of this blog has to do with anything in my life, but I got the cutest compliment today from a longtime client. He came in, and was looking at me and then at my desk and finally piped up, and said something I misinterpreted as 'Where is my donut?'

This gentleman has a very STRONG accent, and I'm sure I looked beyond confused wondering why a man holding a Tim Horton's cup in his hand would be asking ME for a donut, until he finally asked his again and gestured at my desk. "The girl over there -- Madonna".

I realized that the last time this customer saw me I was dressed up in my 80's best with wild peacock blue eyeshadow, a full mane full of crimped locks heavily sprayed with Aquanet and a bright yellow blazer/miniskirt combo with shoulder pads that made me look like a Lions linebacker.

I blushed... who could help it?

"You looked just like Madonna," he says, "Very very pretty".

After processing the docs he heads towards the door, stops, blows me a kiss.

"Goodbye Madonna"

Oh.. it's good to be back. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home