I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Confessions

Just had a few things I wanted to get off my chest...

  • One of my earliest childhood memories was packing my doll's bag with all her clothes and 'running away' across Tumbler Ridge to go to my Nana's because 'Mommy yelled at me'.
  • I grew up 'trailer trash' at it's finest. My mom used to manage a trailer park in Tumbler Ridge.
  • I grew up around cars, could almost say I was raised on a stock car track, but driving terrifies me.
  • I was very precocious child -- so was my best friend/boyfriend, Kyle Beattie, who lived in the cul-de-sac a block away. We used to steal Penthouse magazines from my dad's shop, and go to our tree fort where we'd pretend I was his shackled up 'Love Goddess'. I was like 6. My parents also caught us in the backseat of my dad's truck in our skivvies, and my mom chased him home in his briefs.
  • Once, my Uncle Doug and I were on his speedboat on the Shuswap Lake, and I accidentally lost my Aunt's favorite coffee mug. She still doesn't know it was me. She thought her Cocker Spaniel, Zippy, carried it away from the campsite.
  • Once, at a high school dance, my friend Corey told my high school crush, KC, to ask me to dance, so he did. We danced to RHCP's 'Californication' and I still haven't parted with the dress I wore that night.
  • I dated a popular guy in high school that I wasn't even mildly attracted because I wanted a really popular boyfriend, and he dumped me the next day because we weren't in the same social circles.
  • When I was about 14 years old, I was completely plagued by self doubt, and was sure I needed to be skinnier than my current 110 lbs in order to get more guys, so I contemplated becoming bulimic. The first time I ate a meal, and then retired to the bathroom to puke it out, wasn't successful at all. I kneeled over the toilet for an insane amount of time, until my mom knocked at the door and asked me to use an air freshener when I came out, since that could be the only reason I'd be in the WC for as long as I was.
  • My mom found out I was smoking while I was in my bedroom on the phone with a guy I had a huge crush on. He and I didn't speak again, until almost 4 years later when I drunkenly fell into his lap at the bar in my hometown. His smile still made me melt.
  • I dumped a really nice guy because he talked about himself too much, but I think I'd be devastated if my boyfriend pointed out the obvious to me.
  • I once made out with my roommate because the guy I was dating failed to call when he said he would. It felt like cheating then, but I know it wasn't. It's the closest I've ever come, though.
  • I slept with my old landlord's grandson in the basement suite I rented from them, after watching 'The Return of the King' with him at the theatre.. he was 3 years my junior.
  • Last February, I was in Calgary for a dog show and in the middle of the night, Summer and my roommate's Sharpei, Ruga, got into it over the water dish. Summer ripped a hole in Ruga's face, and we had to take her in for stitches the next morning before the show. I lied and told Dickhead Wayne I paid for the entire thing and couldn't pay rent until my next paycheque. I actually spent my money on dog show stuff.
  • The year I moved back to my hometown, my friend Corey got his own apartment and he had a housewarming party. Not only did I drunkenly admit to my ex boyfriend, Craig, that I wanted to shag Corey so I'd know what it felt like, but it was the first time I ever did Ecstasy.
  • My first job was at a gas station in the middle of nowhere, and my coworkers and I would sometimes get stoned behind the building and eat junk food from the store without expensing anything. I guess that's what you get for having a bunch of punk kids running your store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home