I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Such Fun

I love when I actually work my 9-5 from 9-5.

I got home tonight, full of well meant ambitions to clean the house, finish laundry, consume leftover chinese and bath Nik, unfortunately I needed a cigarette before I started which sort of just landed me here in front of this dumbfounding box of technology and joy.

I did manage to make it outside long enough to enjoy the last part of this beautiful spring day, while we still have such thing as a spring day. You'd really have to be Albertan to understand that we have precisely 3 rigid seasons in Alberta -- Winter, Fall and the time when your flowers attempt to bloom through freshly fallen July snow. I shall call it 'When Snow Falls in July -- literally' but will attempt to shorten it to 'Not Summer' for brevity reasons.

It will never cease to amaze me how much excrement two dogs can create. And how now with the lovely melted snow puddles filling my backyard, I have small 'shit' lakes.

The joy of animals.

Had a brief heart attack when I ran into the house to answer the phone and came back outside to count only one tongue lolling face in the backyard.

I frantically searched for the male counterpart of my duo of 'masked bandits' and realized he'd made himself quite a comfortable home amidst the junkpile my landlord has so graciously left us under the big spruce in the back.

After hauling him out, I went to attach him to the tie-out for the remainder of his nightly romp with Summer, and instead got involved in a fun game of 'Evade the Biped'.

While Summer proceeded to zip around the yard at approximately the speed of light, I stared up apathetically at the sky, while watching Nik bounce around 5 feet out of reach at all times. I ended up giving up and coming inside, but snagging him as he'd layed quite comfortably on the porch 2 minutes later. Ah ha!

Anyway.. my beer is now empty.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home