I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

In Transit and she's SO GONE!

I love the fact that my branch is now so close to home that my entire bus ride to get to work totals about 15 minutes! It's a thing of beauty after working at a branch that was 2 hours by transit, and forced me to switch bus connections 3 times and take the LRT (ETS trolley train) to get to where I needed to go. Such a pain in the ass, was that.

But actually, I'm a people watcher so it never seemed like it took much time out of my day until I saw how lonely my dog was getting sitting at home all day by herself. I used to love wondering what people were doing, where they were going, what they did all morning, if they were meeting someone, just EVERYTHING.

I'd wonder about the 40 year old native woman who looked like she'd been crying all morning, petulant child in tow and wonder if she'd just had a fight with someone. The older looking lady with the leather gloves who seemed quite out of sorts, and wondered why she wasn't driving to her choice destination. Little girls who got on, giggled about boys, acted like they actually had life experience and complain about teachers, and I'd wonder.. wait.. don't you go to school??

I'm just like that.. I want to know the story behind the person, but some people, unfortunately, aren't as willing to tell their life stories to total strangers than others are, so I rarely get the story, unless it's an old man and he wants in my pants. :S

Then I usually get more than I wanted to know.

In any case, I found out the other day that my old manager is gone, kaput, nada, no more. I can't express how happy that makes me feel in light of the fact that she was so paranoid, thinking I was trying to get her canned that she tried everything in her power to get ME canned.

And hey.. just to set the record straight, I didn't do a damn thing to get her canned that someone else wouldn't have noticed. I gave her a length of rope and wonder of wonders, she DID hang herself.

Call me vindictive, a bitch, WHATEVER. I'm happy she's gone, because she was too much dead weight on me as a friend, and entirely too much for the company. I just can't believe it took as long as it did.

*WARNING - Catty comment forthcoming*

Some people are just meant to collect Welfare or live off others for life. I suppose I just had the misfortune to believe she had potential.

1 Comments:

Blogger Triss Teh said...

Another one bites the dust *slap

Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 1:17:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home