I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, January 31, 2005

AGH!

What a weekend! Whew!

A few weeks ago Wayne and I went and looked at a litter of Bernese Mountain Dog puppies that some friends of mine just whelped.. gorgeous little babies, they were.. and my friend mentioned that the Pet Expo was being held the last weekend of January.

You mention animals and of course I flip out and get excited, so I talk Wayne into it, and he mentions wanting to bring the boys. So the next weekend when heinous bitch ex-wife drops them off, we tell her we'll take them next Saturday to go to the Pet Expo with us.

I don't think. In order for me to take a few weekends off in a row, I had to appease my assistant by working a few in a row so she could build up some relaxation time of, so guess who had to work Saturday?

At about 11 Saturday morning, this all occurs to me, and I call Wayne frantically, just in case he might not have realized it before scatterbrained me. Of course he did, and reassures me he'll call her ASAP to reschedule for tomorrow. Later that night, I close the branch, and he pulls up with both the boys in the backseat. Yeah.. she cancelled her sitter, so we get them all weekend.

I hate to say this, because it makes me sound quite bitter and jaded, but there's a damn good reason I never want children of my own, and that's because sometimes I just really need a break from kids. They're both good boys, but there's only so much of them constantly asking for things and leaving their toys and dirty clothes anywhere, that I can handle.

Thank God I have my show next weekend in Calgary.. 3 straight weekends of the boys might be a bit much for me to handle.

So anyway.. back to the Pet Expo..

Good show, tons of animals, but also shoulder to shoulder people, which was driving me a little nuts. I like to be able to move in any direction I like, and at the speed I'm comfortable with, which is usually, quite fast, and quite frankly, people in wheelchairs just don't move fast enough for my liking. Especially when they stop to look at the SPCA's dogs to be adopted, causing the line of 20+ people behind them to ram each other in their haltage. *sigh*

I'm grouchy.

My mom sent me her dryer for dog grooming on the bus Friday, the girl at the courier depot told her it would be in Edmonton by mid morning Saturday. Neglected to tell Mom, however, that it won't be available for pickup until Monday. Fat lot of good that does vehicle-less me or working Wayne who will probably be busting his butt until 6 or so. Good thing they also keep REGULAR business hours, too! Should be fun trying to get downtown to the depot between 9 & 5 before Wednesday when I MUST groom Summer.

I'm nervous, excited and scared about this weekend. Summer hasn't been eating well at all lately, and will NOT grow her coat. Kind of irks me that she'll grow in her winter coat for part of the spring, blow it ALL in the summer and early fall, and be bald all winter. Dog's got her seasons mixed up.

The good news is that there's no pressure there. She can take Winners Bitch, Best of Winners (beat the males), Best of Breed or Best of Opposite sex and still get the same amount of points.. the bad news is that she needs to win at least 2 days to get her Canadian Championship, and yep.. she looks like hell.

Anyway.. maybe I ought to get back to work.. the company might not think them paying me to blog is as funny as I think it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home