I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Let me Transfer!

Well.. in my last post I mentioned that there's no love lost between my manager and myself.

So this morning I log onto the internet, turn on my MSN, unblock her for today (for posterity reasons.. she knows I spend copious amounts of time online fiddling around, so it only makes sense I be available for a modicum of it) and immediately she sends me a message asking for my number. Apparently she's one of 'those' that don't actually remember anybody's number, but have it programmed into their cell phone or other similar pocket organizer/communication device. I give it to her and immediately my phone rings.. I trip over the dog, the cat and Wayne's jacket on the way to answer it, dreading whatever it is she has to say. The majority of the time.. in occassions like this (ie. my day off), it's because I have to go and solve a problem (ie. Dawn doesn't want to work) and therefore must offer my solitary day off as sacrifice to the blonde Goddess of all things lazy and large.

Happily, (well.. is it??) it's not one of THOSE kinds of calls. I've been working my hand at getting a transfer to a closer, busier and better run branch for the past few days on advice of a coworker, and Dawn's calling to tell me that my Area manager believes that branch has already filled the position. Ummm.. considering I just talked to the manager of that branch last night 20 minutes before I cashed out and jetted home to the promise of warm, gooey delivery pizza (very good, BTW), it seems highly unlikely.

I'm, of course, much too tactful in person to scream in her ear and hang up the phone in frustration (they can't honestly expect me to continue working the way I am, can they???), so I let her ramble about all things Dawn (the new Fibre Optic tree her mom bought her, the new guy/roommate that moved into her place, the bus load full of small children she devoured last night while watching a movie.. err.. so I stretch the truth a little sometimes), until finally I'm saved by the other line at the branch ringing.

*sigh* Blissful relief.

So I reach for the Yellow Pages, look up our company and call the promised branch only to find out the manager is out today, and one of his assistants isn't sure when he'll be in.

I now have clumps of hair missing due to my frustrations and agonized overthinkings.. hell.. he might have just taken the day off, right???

Oh please company.. just let me transfer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home