I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

All's Fair in Love, War & the Bedroom?

So I'm talking to my 'unofficial therapist' tonight and he suggests that if the 'running' with Wayne doesn't grab his attention enough for him to sit down and talk to me without getting defensive, then perhaps I try something that's a little more 'below the belt' (pun intended).. withholding sex.

My theory on withholding has always been that it's cruel and unusual punishment.. not only for him, but definitely for me. I enjoy sex, I'm in touch with my body, and I have been called a nympho on more than 20 occassions. I've always felt there with other options, but on that note, I've always had a special someone that was willing and tangibly cared enough to sit down and work out problems without immediately getting defensive or making an excuse on why it's 'not the right time'. If 2 in the morning is not the right time, and 9 at night while he's watching a movie is not the right time, and while I'm on the phone with him and we're both at work is not the right time, and when we're in bed at midnight is not the right time, then I'm lost. When is?

He just needs to sit down and talk to me. I know he has things on his mind, and things to get off his chest, and whether he's afraid of my reaction to said things, or just because he truly does hate talking, him withholding this information is wrecking anything we might have had. Wayne.. if you ever read this, please, for the love of anything sacred/holy or your set of golf clubs, talk to me!

I feel like I'm ranting right now, but I wonder some days if he even cares. I think he does. He does little things like putting up lattice over the fence where Summer jumped out today so we can prevent that ever happening again, and umm, geez, I suppose I got kissed a few times today, but..

all those cute little romantic gestures that he used to do when I KNEW he cared are missing now, the phone calls at midday, sweet emails or posts on Alberta Central about our tacky, yet, sweet togetherness (shameless plug http://connect.tickle.com/group/group.html?groupid=AnLO99A.AbVuJot- Alberta Central.. probably not the right time, but YES, we met online!), and the last time I got flowers was the day after I made him exclusive and broke it off with the other 3 guys (we shall get back to that some day). Right now when I need them to know that he does still care, the slightest bit of notice that I get that he even notices my existence is when he asks me to rub his feet. *sigh*

So what's the deal? Do I withhold for now and see how it goes? Is it pathetic to think that if I do, and this just doesn't work out, I feel like I'll be in for a long haul with the next time. Yes.. I do think I am a nympho.

1 Comments:

Blogger Quirky Cori said...

Witholding sex not only prevents you guys from getting out your frustrations, but it doesn't allow you to remain calm in arguments. You need to have sex in order to stay relaxed. Also=being a little cloudy in afterglow always gives better results to arguments and possibly a very sexy, very hot round two!

It's unfortunate that he doesn't want to talk to you about what's bothering him. The easiest way to open communication is to be open about what he has to say. Never jump down his throat right away or he might not want to talk to you. And I do suggest going to a coffee or staying in for a coffee. I've found it easy to bridge the convo into something of interest for him by talking about friends or a book you've read. That way you can ease into it and maybe see a totally different perspective.

Either way-keep the sex burning hot and as frequent as you can!

Monday, December 13, 2004 at 8:09:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home